View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007   #7
deacongreg

Default Re: HD DVD Players Sold Out Nationwide This Weekend - Blu-ray In Trouble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigeraudio2007 View Post
Most people I know that went and got an HD DVD player got it because it was at that magic price and because it is backwards compatible with their current DVD collection. They are not concerned with what titles are available on which format. They'll use the player mainly for DVDs. If the title happens to be in HD DVD all the better.

The fact that the A3 does a good job of upconverting SD DVD (far far superior than the A30) makes it a great player for the average consumer. I still believe most people are naive to the world of 1080i, 720p, 1080p, DD+, TrueHD, DTS Master HD, etc., etc. All people want is for to get a player that works. What the average consumer is seeing is that the player is labeled "High Definition", which they equate with watching their high definition content on their HDTV. The technicalities of it all really don't serve but to confuse the masses.
And Tiger, this is what I`ve been saying for a while. people do know about HD, not like us, but to some degree they do. But, two formats, firmware updates, and the like, will KEEP them away. Even kennyt and Andrew are beginning to get a little disgusted by the whole thing. Make a player that is simple to operate, reliable, and easy to use, and your in. Now you would think, with all this so called technology, that should be easier to do today, than yesterday.
I must say, this closer marriage of computers being used with audio/video hardware, I`m not
sold on it. I know thats where we are headed, but computers still have enough of their own headaches. When your computer shuts down at work or home, or you can do is walk away!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote