View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007   #2
deacongreg

Default Re: Best movies for Halloween chills?

Very good thread here. Right up my alley. I agree, "Halloween is a classic. Probably a little out dated for todays folk, but a bonified classic. Vertigo,Rear Window, Dial M for Murder and the Birds, are some of my favorite Hitch**** movies. But, I could watch them all.

However, I`m a big fan of the original horror movies of the past. Some years ago during this time period, the SCI - Fi channel would run these classics right up to Halloween. And sadly, do not anymore, instead playing the weak movies in their 4th or 5th film. To me after the sequel, the rest are no good.

They are: Dracula, The Wolfman (my favorite), Frankenstein, Frankenstein meets the Wolfman (another favorite), the Bride of Frankenstein, The Mummy, The Mummys Curse, Creature From The Black Lagoon, It, the terror from Beyond Space, Godzilla(The original with Raymond Burr), The Behemoth from 20,000 fathoms, King Kong (the original), though the latest remake is very good!! Bela Legosi, Lon Chaney Jr. John Carradine, and some others were the classics to choose from in my opinion. And there is something eerie about watching a black and white film. I`m glad they never clorizied them.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote