View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007   #29
David DelGrosso

Default Re: Today's Worst Bands...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmusic View Post
I thought we were talking about bad bands here, not sales.

News flash: sales do not equal quality.

Too often, it's a reverse indicator.

So a lot of people bought Chicago albums.
The original comment was that they "spiraled down the drain."

So my rebuttal still stands... for I've never seen a drain large enough to swallow up 120 million records!

Quote:
Back Street Boys, Garth Brooks, Celine Dion, Iron Maiden, Cher, Kenny Rogers, ABBA, Madonna, Mariah Carey, Jackson 5, Janet Jackson, Whitney Houston, Bee Gees, Donna Summer, Bon Jovi, Julio Iglesias, Joni James (??) -- Zamfir! Englebert Humperdink!! Gene Autry!!!
-- ALL sold more than 100 million albums. See anything really good in there? Not me.
Everyone has their own personal taste... but bashing Pop Superstars does not elevate your opinion above their millions of fans.

Personally...

I don't dig the personalities of Mariah and Whitney, but it seems pretty lame to insist that their vocal skills are "bad."

And Celine and Garth are "as good as it gets" within their respective genres. Sure, I am more intrigued by the creativity of Dali, than Picasso... but I would never classify Picasso as a "bad" painter.

And few "artists" throughout time, have touched their fans more deeply than the Jackson 5 did.. or even Bon Jovi. But if you don't like their style of music... does that REALLY make it "bad" music??

Quote:
Truly underrated: Three Dog Night. I saw them in concert in their prime seven times: three times excellent, the rest anywhere from outstanding to mind-blowing.
Alas, I must agree!

Those 3 singers were AWESOME together.

It's a shame that 5.1 surround wasn't happening in those days. The 3 of them would often "echo" their voices back and forth... which would have sounded amazing in digital surround!

Peace out.

DD
David DelGrosso is offline   Reply With Quote