View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007   #12
EricPU

Default Re: Musical in-wall speakers on a relative budget.

Kennyt:...and I thought the two days evacuation and not knowing if I had a home to return to was stressful....now my head is really spinning

I was planning on 2.1 for music room, SS for TV/HT and stereo (2.0) for back yard speakers later on. So, you're thinking that if I address the two needs seperatly, it might work out better/cheaper?

The music room is also the wifes pride n' joy formal room (thats why the speakers have to go in-wall), so she's not going to like the idea of a rack of equipment in that room. Also I was going to use my Oppo 980H to play CD's for now, and that is located in the TV/HT room.

What you suggest makes sense but I don't think its possible in my situ. I think I had better run/power everything from the family room in one central location.

So I guess that means that I do need a SS pre/pro/reciever type deal with an amp, or just go with a mid/higher end reciever? I guess it depends on what speakers I need to power? i think the general consensus is to go with seperates at all times, if music SQ is important, right?

Decisions decisions.....my brain hurts more now...thanks dude

Cheers,
Eric
EricPU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links