View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007   #13
tigeraudio2007

Default Re: HDMI vs HDMI 1.3 cables...and...

Your 2007 Mitsu is probably 1080p native, however KenSmith's 3.5 year-old WS65813 is not.

BYU Cougar, I know you say you can't afford the new formats right now. However, if you are looking to by an unconverting DVD player for your current DVDs, the Toshiba HD-XA2 does an awesome job as KennyT will probably tell you. The new A3 also does a good job. These players run $499 (once the A35 is released) and $299 respectively. I would highly recommend one of these players, as a good regular upconverting DVD player might well cost you a minimum of $200 to $300 anyway.

I would recommend some Ultralink or Accell or Analysis Plus Cables. However, if you are on a budget then MyCableMart has some excellently priced long run cables.

Getting the cable to your TV is another issue. I don't know how your room is laid out or where your gear is in relation to one another. However, I might suggest up and over through the ceiling, or you might have to take notches out of your walls and shave each vertical beam and then re-patch using some drywall and spackle. If you have carpet your best bet may be to fish it under the carpet. Just a few suggestions.
tigeraudio2007 is offline   Reply With Quote