View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007   #15
BIKER

Default Re: New NAD HDMI 1.3 Preamp and Multi-channel amp

KENNYT,

Wow thanks so much for the helpful information. It's good to hear from somebody actually using the CANTON'S.

Yeah, I definitely may head toward the NAD for all of it's whiz bang features missing from the TGP-5.. more HDMI,XMRADIO,HDMI 1.3, and uptodate DAC's.. plus less expensive! When you first look into the equipment, it's very tempting to have a unified look.. here I first saw a stack of CLASSE equipment.

According to a review I saw, the 809DC speakers along w/ the reference were mostly running at 4 OHMS, which the TGA-5200 would be cranking out 400 watts/channel at that level... do you still think they would be too thin.. are the 5200s really cranking out that much power?

Also back to speakers, have you listened to the Ref 7DC, would they be appreciably better than the 809DC. It's too bad I really want the CANTON's because I live in LR, Arkansas and I mean there is nobody in this state or even bordering that appears to be selling CANTON's. I wondered for a while if CANTONS were even being sold in N.A.
BIKER is offline   Reply With Quote