View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007   #12
luke

Smile Re: Dark Side of The Moon - the best in surround - sounds worse than CD in stereo

i have a boxed set of Dark side in Stereo that does sound good , but i would vote on a dts or sacd 5.1 version any day of the week. That Box set has the original postcards and poster with the cd laser-etched , i played that once on my newest system and made sure NO ONE touched that again. I have that baby locked up high on the case .. That sounds good as far as stereo goes , but even back then i was more into mutli-track / quad etc sound,in my sound room . I think i am one of those people that was born to hear music all around me and i m not ashamed to say it , Was Not ashamed to admit i loved QUAD ( or most of the good versions / systems of it ) And i m still not ashamed to say i love good music played correctly all around me ! I even had 4 channel headphones and i m not ashamed to admit to them.. I want on my grave marker if i can afford one (cause i have been buying into everything that is new as far as sound systems go, so long i cant remember ) "ALL HE WANTED WAS FOR IT TO SOUND GOOD . ... LUKE". I even have my list of most disappointing lp/cd song releases . And some of those would just blow some people away. Sound , etc etc ... But then again I think " Sherry " by the Four Seasons a good mix of it, is one of the greatest early 60s pop recordings!!! LUKE
luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links