View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007   #10
Robinson_A

Default Re: Many Players Need Firmware Update To Play Spider-Man 3 on Blu-ray

While I love both Blu-ray and HD DVD I have had NO trouble with any of my HD DVD players. Even my old XA-1 (while slow loading) has worked flawlessly since day one. Sadly, my Blu-ray player can not say the same. Sony's own firmware update broke my player. Now, to Sony's credit they took care of it and shipped me a new player, but still. I think firmware updates right out of the box are a complete joke. When I bought the PS3 I had to run a firmware update as soon as I turned it on the first time. Granted my PS3 is now BULLET PROOF when it comes to spinning Blu-ray discs, but a firmware update (that takes 20-35min) isn't my idea of good times when purchasing the latest kick ass gaming system.

I for one am tired of being an unsuspecting beta tester for products that are only half finished. Early adopter my ass, we're past that now. We're more than a year into the "war" and the stuff should work. To still release players (this goes for both camps) that don't play discs, or need updates to start, etc is unacceptable, and manufactuers wonder why some still sit on the fence as far as which format to buy.

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com

Last edited by Robinson_A; 10-19-2007 at 03:00 PM..
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote