View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007   #9
rboris

Default Re: Many Players Need Firmware Update To Play Spider-Man 3 on Blu-ray

I am soooo eager to make the HD/Blue Ray DVD jump.

It looks amazing and I have been tempted more and more each day with such offers as the free HD DVDs with the purchase of the XBox 360 HD drive, Best Buy's $14.99 Blue Ray sale this week, and the like.

What is holding back, in addition to the format war, are the technical issues like this.

I have an Xbox 360 and considered getting the add on drive, but there is no HDMI/1080P, along with other quality issues. I thought about buying a Playstation 3 for the Blue Ray and then these tech issues pop up too.

I am eager to see the new Samsung BD-P5000 combo player, but I hear the release is delayed.

Before these formats launched, I felt I was leaning towards the Blue Ray camp, but the one thing I like about HD DVD are the combo discs. I do not want to buy the same movie multiple times! (I have already done that with laserdiscs and dvds) I do not want to buy a blue ray disc to play in my living room and a regular dvd to play in my bedroom or portable dvd player. Plus the price of the discs needs to come down overall.
rboris is offline   Reply With Quote