View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007   #6
deacongreg

Angry Re: Many Players Need Firmware Update To Play Spider-Man 3 on Blu-ray

Alright, MOOSE, JERRY, KENNYT, ANDREW, I`m going to be real honest here, while, yeah, we might expect some hiccups, this is a little crazy. Forget about Joe 6, the main stream consumer, this is not good period.

Maybe I`m the only one with a wife, family, kids, and a plethora of other stuff to do. But, I would think, that there is a good number of US audio/videophiles that just want to go home and enjoy your system. Sure, there are times when firmware updates and such are necessary. But, something as simple as buying a movie, then going home to play it, now requires me more than it should to load up my computer and wait for an update to come down the pike. I don`t think so!!
There is equipment out there in this hobby that you can tweak all day long every time you cut your system on. I`ve never been like that. Once its setup, calibrated, equalized, unless you add another piece of gear, power up and lets enjoy the music

Again, isn`t that what this is about. Sony and the Blu-Ray camp should really get itself right. It will be interesting to find out what happens on October 30th, the release date to the masses. This could really hurt them. This is a film Joe 6 will run out and buy for the family.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links