View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007   #35
April1p

Default Re: Expect Two Winners in the HD Disc Format War

Hi all, brand new to this board. I have been lurking and reading info for awhile but thought I would jump in feet first. I've been wanting to get on the HD bandwagon for sometime now so I bought the Samsung BD-P1400 last week at Best Buy and I must say I'm impressed thus far. This is their newest model and load times from what others have mentioned have improved greatly. The picture is flawless and stunning. I'm going to try not buy too many discs yet, maybe rent for awhile. I have too many VCR tapes, which I then went out and replaced with DVDs and well, I could just cry thinking of having to now replace them all in Blu-Ray. I did break down and buy the Planet Earth series...but hey it's wonderful educational viewing for my son ...it's like visual nirvana. The player came with two free in store discs and five free by mail; not a bad deal if you ask me. I can't wait to watch the Patriot and Full Metal Jacket in HD, so I hope it doesn't take the full 10 weeks to receive them. Now I have to replace my AV receiver and surround speakers. Buying one electronic item always seems to cause a trickle effect. I'm looking at the Onkyo TX-SR875 7.1 receiver, but I'll save that for another post. I don't know if I will eventually buy an HD-DVD player too. We'll see.
April1p is offline   Reply With Quote