View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007   #6
jdc115

Default Re: Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master HD in Home Theater PCs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigeraudio2007 View Post
Yep, any HDMI version is capable of carry the LPCM audio. I'm just stating verison 1.2 because all the equipment in my system is HDMI 1.2, soon to have a component or 2 with HDMI 1.3.

So, I will research and see is internal blu-ray/hd dvd drives can first of all pass the Dolby True HD and DTS HD formats through the outputs of the drive. If the SATA connection doesn't carry it to the motherboard then the rest of this adventure is moot. I think the internal drives on have SATA and a digital 2-pin output to connect to soundcards. Can't imagine the 2-pin connection carrying the new audio formats.

More and more questions.
I use and like the idea of using a separate media player connected to my PC like the Dlink DSM520

http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=438

It is a few years old now so still HDMI 1.1

The draw backs, it only plays video files that are stored on the PC. No streaming directly from the internet for video though it will for online music I believe. Also, I tried but can not seem to get it play directly from a something in the DVD drive. If I rip it to the HD, then no problem.

But using this devise lets me play HD content from my PC to my TV and it has optical output for DD sound to my processor. This way my PC can sit in a different room then my home theatre system. Hopefully it will get updated one day to support the newer Dobly and DTS modes as well as HDMI 1.3
jdc115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links