View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007   #15
Robinson_A

Default Re: Yamaha RX-V861 7.1 Receiver Reviewew

Bo,

You appear to be correct. I was messing about with the V861 and the Matrix Trilogy on HD DVD last night and found that the Dolby TrueHD I was hearing was being decoded in the player itself then passed to the Yamaha. It appears the V861 does not have TrueHD support. I went back over my initial review and found that I did not state that it did, however, on the forums I believe I may have said it did. It will play it back if decoded by another source but it will not decode it internally, to the best of my knowledge, which you seem to be backing up with your extensive research.

I am terribly sorry for any confusion or frustration caused on my behalf and want to stress that in no way should this fact take anything away from the sheer performance of the V861. I'm certain as TrueHD becomes more common place Yamaha will incorporate it into their receivers at prices you won't believe.

Also, I've put in a formal request to review the newest Onkyo 805 receiver, which DOES support TrueHD and is close in cost to the V861.

Please accept my apologies for any misinformation and my thanks to you and everyone on this forum for being so meticulous. This is what makes this forum great for everyone.

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com

Last edited by Robinson_A; 06-07-2007 at 09:33 PM..
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote