View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007   #5
Robinson_A

Default Re: BOSE = box only sound extra

All highs no lows it must be Bose.

Bose sucks out loud. Bose succeeds because it has done something no other brand has done and that's appeal to WOMEN. Men who want a home theater yet allow their decisions to be dictated by their other half buy Bose because it's what their wives or girlfriends will allow. I'm not trying to be sexist but market research has shown this time and time again. For this they must be given their due however, no other brand has so feverishly attacked the press than Bose. They sue anyone who has the knowledgeable that they are not the best. They even win these stupid lawsuits. How one can win a law suit over an opinion is beyond me but they do.

Furthermore, no other brand (that I can think of) spends more on advertising than Bose. However, Bose spends their money on pubs and television commercials outside of the consumer electronics mainstream. Again, this ploy is brilliant. Bose doesn't look for its customer base to be knowledgeable enthusiasts, they want every day folk which is their bread and butter. Again, genius. However, other brands have started to take note and have modified their approaches to match and have stolen market share away from the once untouchable Bose. Until recently Bose was "to good" to be sold in Best Buy stores however, with their brand equity taking a hit in the face of other lifestyle type products they began to adapt.

Bose has always adapted to the market, for better or worse, yet has kept their products and pricing intact which only helps to aide their appearance of a quality product. You will never see a Bose product on sale. They simply do not allow it. While not the most expensive hi-fi products out there, their steadfastness creates an aura of exclusivity and prestige. There is no arguing that they are one of the most successful hi-fi brands still going which is quite impressive seeing as how badly they blow.

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote