View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007   #5
jdc115

Default Re: ROTEL INTRODUCES TWO INNOVATIVE MULTICHANNEL POWER AMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicollPr View Post
Hello,

I work at the PR Agency for Rotel, I cannot disclose contact information like that but if you inform me of your questions I can try and get them answered for you.
Hi, thanks for your help. Three questions at the moment.

1. The new RSP-1069 processor has HDMI 1.1, will it accept multi-channel PCM audio from a PS3 for both Blu-ray disks and SACDs. This would by the PS3 decoding the Blu-ray from Dolby True-HD to 5.1 PCM sent over HDMI.

2. Why not HDMI 1.3? (NAD just released a new processor in the same range with HDMI 1.3)

3. This is a general observation, but I wrote to ask them a few questions to both their support email address and marketing email address soon after I had just purchased the RSP-1068 and 2 power amps (5 channel and 2 channel). I have to say I was disappointed that I never receive a response from them.

I am about to purchase a PS3 as an upgrade to my DVD/SACD player so I am looking to replace the RSP-1068 (trade up if the dealer will allow me) or I will sell it and replace it all together so I need to understand the ability of the RSP-1069 better.

I did call customer service about an hour ago but only get a voice message so I am waiting for a return call.

Thanks
jdc115 is offline   Reply With Quote