View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007   #7
Mace

Default Re: Yamaha RX-V861 7.1 Receiver Reviewew

I'll echo the rest and say I enjoyed your review and add that it provides quite a bit of info I haven't seen on the 861 yet. In that vein, I have a few questions.

-Do you have any idea what processor is used for deinterlacing and how it compares to others (specifically the Farjouda DCDi)?
-Same question regarding the upscaling processor. I'm particularly interested in the quality of the upscaling compared to processors like the Reon that's going in the Onkyo TX-SR875.
-Also, does the receiver decode DD TrueHD received over HDMI or is TrueHD decoded in your player and transferred to the receiver via analogue cables?

Right now I have the new Onkyo TX-SR805 on pre-order which includes Farjouda DCDi deinterlacing (the TX-SR875 is...alas...a bit too steep) and, although the Onk doesn't upscale video as the 861 does it will also pass full 1080p while providing three HDMI 1.3 inputs and is THX Ultra certified. Prices are almost identical. Any thoughts or recommendations about the Onkyo versus the 861?
Mace is offline   Reply With Quote