View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007   #48
wharfrat89

Default Re: This top 100 band list is BOGUS - RUSH lower than STP?

I am very open to many genres. Music is more than a hobby to me and i don't just listen to music i "know" music. I like to study the history and influence about the bands and artists i am listening to. Now this list has obviously been composed by a small demographic or maybe even one person for that matter who is trying to lead us on with the fact that it has some kind of hard statistical basis. Okay because im nice im going to lay it out for you all and give you some nice musical insight. And by the way you know a list is bull**** when the beatles are #2 and LED ZEPPELIN number #2. Sry to break the news but coming from a guitar player of 20 years Jimmy Page is not close to being the best. Jimi Hendrix will and will always be the greatest guitar player of all time. Thank god we have YOUTUBE to verify this.

The person or persons who made this list were right in making "live performance" a determining factor in making the list however they gave the longest touring live band of all time, The Grateful Dead. They also put the ****ing ROLLING STONES at #20. The rolling stones a band that could compete with the beatles at #20? below stone temple pilotes and ****ing metalicca. MEtalicca can blow me. LET ME MAKE ONE THING CLEAR SALES ARE NOT T

Here is a much more ACCURATE LIST:

1: THE BEATLES
2: THE ROLLING STONES
3: THE GRATEFUL DEAD
4: CREAM
5: THE ALLMAN BROTHERS
6: JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE ( THE GUITARIST WAS MUCH MORE INFLUENTIAL THEN THE BAND ENTITY)
7: LED ZEPPELIN
8: PINK FLOYD
9: BOB MARLEY AND THE WAILERS
10: THE DOORS
11: NIRVANA
12: THE WHO
13: BLACK SABBATH
14: CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL
15: JANIS JOPLIN AND BIG BROTHER AND THE HOLDING COMPANY
16: U2
17:The RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS
18: CROSBY STILL, NASH AND YOUNG
19: THE BAND
20: THE BEACH BOYS
21: THE TEMPTATIONS
22: THE VELVET UNDERGROUND
23: LYNARD SKYNARD
24: BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD
25: BUDDY HOLLY AND THE CRICKETS
26: VAN HALEN
27: THE ZOMBIES
28: DAVID BOWIE AND THE SPIDERS FROM MARS
29: THE EAGLES
30: TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS
30: THE TALKING HEADS
31: BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E STREET BAND
32: THE POLICE
33: PAUL MCARTENY AND WINGS
35: THE CLASH
36: AEROSMITH
37: THE RAMONES
38: PEARL JAM
39: EARTH, WIND AND FIRE
39: PARLIAMENT FUNKADELIC
40: RADIOHEAD
41 STEVE MILLER BAND
42: ROXY MUSIC
43: PHISH
44: JETHRO TULL
45: R.E.M.
46: ZZ TOP
47: YES
48: THE YARDBIRDS
49: FLEETWOOD MAC
50: BOSTON

OKAY THERE YOU GO TOP 50........I GOT TIRED AT 50 SRY I COULDNT GO ALL THE WAY>...... THIS IS A MUCH BETTER LIST THAN THE OLD ONE
wharfrat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links