View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007   #34
JerryDelColliano

Default Bose and Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosePond View Post
yeah, but have you ever encountered someone who owns a Bose system (particularly if it's Lifestyle or 3-2-1) who doesn't think that they own "high end"? Simply amazing but kudos to them for being the best marketers in our industry (even better than Noel Lee) and for, at least, having better-than-average build quality - their field failure rate of all products for their entire 40-year history is somewhere down around 1%, largely because they instituted AQL standards for their QA programs over 35 years ago (a necessity for their military biz) - long before most manufacturers had even heard of them!
Note: both Monster and Bose do not support the high end industry with ads. Perhaps this is why the high end guys support others.

Personally, I find it foolish to multi-channel market without the enthusiasts and early adopters. Clearly the blu-ray and HD DVD camps see the power of the enthusiast as HE is the embasador to technology for his more mainstream friends. It is that much easier to sell to football fans (Monster Stadium - that people think is for online jobs) or Bose's sales channels that include newspaper ads, infomercials, Circuit City, outlet malls and beyond?

Their sales argue that I don't know what I am talking about so at that level I will take my licks but for the life of me I can understand a) why Bose doesn't backwards engineer better product and b) market to the influence makers. For Monster, I have NO problems with their products. I just wish they supported the high end where they came from with more than a drive in Noel's Lamborghini.