View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007   #25
Butch

Default Re: Download the Top 100 albums spreadsheet here, then post your own top 10 here

These are my top ten, shuffle 'em up in any order 'cause at one time or another each was my favorite of all time.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Pronounced (Best example of southern, in your face rock and roll)
Cat Stevens - Tea For The Tillerman (Awesome sonics with thought provoking lyrics)
Pink Floyd - DSOTM (This was my first Floyd album - a sonic master piece)
Aphrodites Child - 666 (A double album theme record, best enjoyed with mushrooms)
The Who - Tommy (See above)
Santana - Abraxas (My virginity was lost whilst listening to this one so I may not be entirely objective)
The Beatles - Abbey Road (Here Comes the Sun!)
ZZ Top - Tres Hombres (THE sound track for beer drinkin' good times)
Deep Purple - Machine Head (This album is the prototype for later bands)
Big Brother and the Holding Company - Cheap Thrills (Joplin's debut for me and her best IMHO)
The Doors - L.A. Women (Actually 'Strange Days is my favorite but a doors album must be in the top ten and this one seems to appeal to main stream top 40 types)
Led Zeppelin - I, II, IV (3 way tie. I flat out can't decide which is best)

Dang O dang o! That's more than 10 already and I haven't mentioned Pearl Jam, Steppenwolf, Joe Walsh, Eric Clapton, Fleetwood Mac, Funkadelic, ELP, Grand Funk Railroad, James Gang, Grateful Dead, J. Geils Band, JJ Cale, Marshall Tucker, Yes, damned, how could I forget them? and Black Sabbath and Jimi Hendrix and Kansas

OK I'll stop. You won't see much in the way of new music in my list because I'm not sure whether Wilco or the Pixies or Spoon or any of the post 90's albums will still sound as good to me in 25 years as those listed above do.

Those are my top picks for musical performances. Maybe later we could do a list of terrifically recorded albums with superior sonics.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote