View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007   #4
JerryDelColliano

Default Sunfire as a part of a consoldated AV industry....

[QUOTE=Z Man;3427]In a way I say I have to agree with you. Sunfire products are amazing, and their amplifiers are IMO some of the absolute best anywhere. It's strange but more and more I see the Sunfire name disappearing from high end shops ads. 3-4 years ago the Sunfire name was seen listed at many hi-fi/HT stores. Now as I look through store Ads in mags like Stereophile, The Absolute Sound etc., I no longer see the Sunfire brand mentioned. Pity because it is a high caliber brand.

I own (and love) my Sunfire TGIII pre/pro and Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature amp. And I see myself hanging on to my Sunfire amp for a long time to come. The "only" reason I am changing from Sunfire to Denon (AVP-A1HD)for a pre/pro is because Sunfire, like so many other companies, doesn't have what the upcoming Denon will have.

If I knew that Sunfire was coming out with a pre/pro that offered 6 HDMI 1.3a inputs, Wi-Fi streaming, Audyssey Multi EQXT/Pro, HQV Realta Video Processing, HDCD decoding, and was THX Ultra 2 certified, I would most definitely stay with Sunfire.

------

You see A LOT of Sunfire with AVrev.com. Ads. reviews. News.

The challenge for them is going to be keeping their high end status as a part of a consolodated industry. Certainly, that is my pitch to them towards the end of the year as they hopefully renew with us.

As great as Sunfire gear is (and it is GREAT especially for the money) I think their success is going to be based on marketing to their core fans while at the same time catering to dealers/installers. It is the high end who understands why you buy Sunfire over a receiver.