View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007   #5
EDA

Default Re: What do you think of Sunfire's cinema ribbon speakers?

I just recently purchased 5 cinema ribbon 2's for my home theater. This is the first time I've had matching speakers for all 5 channels. This alone was nice to finally have every speaker both timber matched and voice matched. Along with the cinema ribbons I have a super junior subwoofer, also from Sunfire. After initially hooking them up I was pleased with the openness and detail in the upper range but they fell a little shy on the mid to low range. At the time I didn't use a wonderful little device called the Richter Scale from Audio Control. This is a five band equalizer used to calibrate subwoofers. Once the Richter Scale was in place these speakers just sounded amazing. The combination of ribbon drivers with the side firing drivers creates a wide open and believable sound stage. As an example, I put in the Love soundtrack from Cirque de Sole's performance to all of the Beatles favorite tunes. This CD was digitally remastered from the original master recordings. I don't know how else to put this but I could hear all of the artistry in their recordings. Every note was detailed, vocals just plain blew me away and the sound stage placed the band rite in my living room. For anyone who's looking for speakers in this price range or above, I would highly recommend them. Bring some of your favorite music to your local Sunfire dealer and be prepared to be amazed.
EDA is offline   Reply With Quote