View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007   #1
andytk5

Thumbs up Mirage M-3si?????

I have a pair of Mirage Loudspeakers that I came across that are labeled M-3 on the rear of of the pedestal. I noticed the previous owner removed the rear facing tweeters but the rear mids are still there. I called the tech line and we went through all the part numbers of the highs, mids and woofers and they were all M3si specific part numbers. Also I measured the tweeters and they were 1" not 3/4". I'm not a metallurgist but the tweeters are silver/metallic indicating the M3si titanium, since the M3 were cloth domes. The mids were 5" not 4 1/2". The larger numbers indicate M3si's as well. Was there a period when M3s were sent out with M3si drivers? Why would the baseplate say M3? Either way these are some great speakers and don't need a sub for music!!!
Also I need to find replacement highs for the rear of each cabinet as these are Bipolar and there is a hole in the back (which I have plugged using an MDF cutout) that needs to be filled with a tweeter. Does anyone know if Mirage's tweeters were proprietary or can I find them from a supplier? Thanks guys!
andytk5 is offline   Reply With Quote