View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007   #4
deacongreg

Angry Re: SACD and DVD-Audio, Doomed Formats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
What I want is high def digital audio. To put it more succinctly: Will high def digital audio eventually (or fairly quickly) move to one or both of the new high def AV formats and doom SACD and DVD-Audio?
My two cents: Everyone on this forum knows that, while Batman Begins and King Kong almost had me go HD DVD with Toshibisa, that I believe in a "universal player." I`m not willing to make this jump again. Now, maybe, and I say maybe, Samsung`s new player MAY change this, but we`ll wait and see.

But here is the deal, and I thank Andrew for pointing it out, we need a true "universal player." You have Sony Blu - Ray machines, that do not support SACD. Does that make sense?
What we need in my humble opinion is a "True Universal Player" that has 1.3a, plays ALL discs, including DVD - A and SACD with bass management, HD DVD and Blu - Ray of course, along with the best or most beneficial features of both, and upconvert standard DVD discs, and have the new Dolby True HD, DTS - HD, etc.

Then, we would really have something. Then, as Jerry said, get yourself a NetFlix account, and go to town.

Otherwise, why bother. Go get yourself a universal player, and call it a day.

But, if you are into gaming, I can not knock the PlayStation 3. A video console, Blu-Ray player and SACD, that probably is the best bargain. But of course, there will always be those movies only available on HD DVD. So...................................... ...
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote