View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007   #46
sbell

Default Re: Best sounding DVD-Audio discs

Hey guys. Believe it or not, I was cruising thru Amazon and stumbled upon the DualDisc of Bon Jovi's "Slippery When Wet". So....for the heck of it, I ordered it after reading the reviews on Amazon. I popped on the DVD side and the surround mix was surprisingly very, very good! Plus, the extras on the DVD side were the video's of all the big hits from that album. What a fun ride into yester-year! My 18 year old daughter loved seeing the big hair band era and my fiance thought Jon Bon looks better now than he did with all those frizzies.

But on a serious note, the 5.1 mix was truly excellent. It still KILLS me that DVD-A or DualDisc haven't survived. Heck, I'm still seeing SACD's having new releases all the time. I still ask the eternal question....why buy just the music in 5.1 hi res(SACD) when you can get the 5.1 surround mix in high quality, hi res AND a visual to go along with it (DVD-A)???? God-did the record labels SCREW this up or what? It serves them right-now they're losing their behinds because of MP3 downloads.
sbell is offline   Reply With Quote