View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007   #5
AudioGuy2007

Default Re: Download the Top 100 albums spreadsheet here, then post your own top 10 here

Here is my list in no particular order

Ween's The Mollusk - The suburban philly duo's finest concept record. The most important band to come along in 20 years.

Oingo Boingo's Alive (double "live" studio recording) - Every song is better than the orignal album version

Rush's Hemispheres - The album that made me pick up drum sticks.

Mr Bungle's California - Brilliance. Clown music turned surf art rock..

Metallica's ...and Justice for All - Try to count out the intro to Blackened. You might need a degree from MIT. The most rhythmically complex Metallica ever. The best "prog metal" album period.

The Carpenter's Close to You - If these 20 part vocal harmonies dont move you, you must be dead, or anorexic.

John Mayer's Continuum - "go back and listen to daughters, bitches..."
http://youtube.com/watch?v=n_z-shZL1KU

Faith No More's Angel Dust - Floored their fans with this dark, twisted album. Takes about 20 listens before you'll really get it.

Beck's Midnight Vultures - "I'm gonna take you up to Glendale... take you for a real good meal." Beck must love Armenian food.

Megadeth - Rust in Peace - All their albums before this pretty much sucked. Dave Mustaine got his **** together on this one. "Thigh master.... five magics.'

Last edited by AudioGuy2007; 09-20-2007 at 03:04 PM..
AudioGuy2007 is offline   Reply With Quote