View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007   #30
Strutter

Default Re: Price vs. Performance

my first foray into serious audio/video gear began not so long ago. sorry to say i'm fairly new to all of this. being from an area with no high end shops i am limited in my choices. but i buy the best i can for the money of what is available to me. about 6 years ago i bought my first surround system after much investigation i decide upon a denon home theater in a box from sears. for the money it was a great deal. those little denon cubes were good for many years but my abuse finally took its toll. about 2 years ago they gave up from what i later decided was my overdrving them to the point of clipping. thanks to my extended waranty, sears no longer carrying denon and their inability to replace the speakers . i recieved a check from sears for $800 and was allowed to keep the denon reciever and dvd player.(awesome).
i began my search for replacement speakers. during my search i had collected several bestbuy gift cards so i had decided i was going to use those and the check from sears to purchase my new speakers. but they didnt cary anything i liked at the time. i continued searching listening to speakers at as many places as i could find and to my delight found that bestbuy had began carring Klipsch. i had already listened to their reference system from tweeter 60miles away. but after listening to the synergy series at BB and wighing the fact that i could basically buy them with no out of pocket expence my choice was made. the F-3's are awesome speakers. last year i used more gift cards to purchase the C-3, S-3 and Sub-12 with very little of my own money. (i ask for BB cards from everyone at christmas). i have to say that the klipsch synergy F-3 series are the best i had heard before and have sence found nothing to match them at the price. i have sence added a pair of klipsch
AW-650 to the deck outside.
my next purchase was the sony 60"xbr2 from tweeter (no cards) replacing a 35" crt. this was no easy choice. i had been researching TV's for the past 3 years. my desire for a large HDTV was eating me up. i've owned it sence nov.'06 and have never regretted the purchase. an awesome display.
i have some cards saved up and am now investigating HD players and recievers to replace the oppo player and the denon reciever.
below are some pics of my toys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tiney.JPG (19.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg samll.JPG (18.6 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by Strutter; 06-02-2007 at 10:18 AM..
Strutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links