View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012   #6
Lefisc

Default Re: My Two Channel and Home theater Set-up

Thanx, Einteractive, it was a lot of work, and sadly, it still is.

The biggest mistake in my “stereo” life” was sticking with mark Levenson after Madrigal sold it. The units are poorly made, not upgradable and frankly NOT fixable. Harman Kardon has completely “spun off” its repair units. The ML 502 went back to the shop more times than I can count, more than five or six times, or even seven times and they were NEVER able to fix the problems. First, the machine freezes and the controls stop working, even if turns on, which is doesn’t always do. Second, the bass begins to hum, third the trigger burn out and the switches don’t work. Finally, this expensive machine was not upgradable, so not only didn’t do 3-D, it couldn’t do DTSHD or Dolby Digital HD.

I traded it in (and lost a lot of money on this) for the Krell 707. Which, in my brief time with it, sounded just right. Then BOOM.

My fairly new JVC projector failed the same night I got the Krell!!! I can’t believe it!!! My dealer offered to replace the JVC quickly with a new model, or have me wait a couple of months for the new model. I took the new model! And should get it next week. I hope. But you need the video to hook up the audio, so I will tell the full results when I get them.
Lefisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links