View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007   #15
kennyt

Default Re: What is better, Blu-ray or HD DVD?

OK,

I am so with Jerry on this one! Mitch, you really need to see good 1080p native sources to appreciate the difference. When watching a good scaled DVD, things look good, when watching an HD DVD or Blu-ray, you can actually perceive the texture of the items you are viewing, the fine detail is so flippin' off the charts once you, or anyone I've shown it to, see it, they can't believe the difference. If you had a 20" LCD, then yeah, you don't need it, but at 50"... Buy one, nay buy both like Jerry said.

I just did a quick google search for players and found the Toshiba HD-A2 for $199.95 and a Samsung BDP-1200 for $377.95. That brings you into both formats (and with a smoking hot Blu-ray player that is still a reference for me) for a whopping $577.90. This is less than my electric bill living in Florida a month. OK, I understand many folks live on a tight budget, so no reason you couldnít afford ONE of these players and be in the game right now is there??

Letís face it, for sub $400 for an excellent player, there really is no reason not to buy one. Worried about software?? Join Netflix and rent them, if your format of choice dies, so what! You only lose the player cost, which is pretty small to say the least!

KT
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote