View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007   #11
eric

Question Re: What is better, Blu-ray or HD DVD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson_A View Post
Greg,

You touched upon an interesting topic, one that has troubled me for some time. I have Sony's top of the line Blu-ray player and am continually baffled that unlike other Sony players it lacks SACD support, not to mention CD as well. While the player is quite superb, I consider the lack of traditional and not so traditional audio support a MAJOR oversight.

This is one area where the Toshiba's have the clear advantage for they make, not only good standard def DVD players, but aren't bad at two channel audio either. Throw in the fact that they are now cheaper and it's clear, at least to me, that in the second (or third round) of this so called format war Toshiba is in it to win it.

Hi Andrew
I have the Sony bdps1es blu ray and it plays CD and DTD HD Master 5.1 throw analogue its pretty good for cd reply to. Plays every disc I throw at it. Itís never locked up with any discs apart from going in to special fetchers. I have the European modal I think it is a fantastic player a lot better than the ps3 especially for sound quality. Thanks

. System meridian G68j 598dvd, 2 557, 1 556 power amps, m33center, Sony blue ray bdps1es, Sony pearl 1080p projector. Grndview cyber series 16.9 8-foot electric screen. Panasonic 42in 1080p plasma TV. Front Dali helicon 400, Dali in wall back speakers, Snell ps10sub, Chord signature cables all round. X-box 360HD add on. And ISOTEK power supply and cables. Installed it all my self.
eric is offline   Reply With Quote