View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007   #5
tigeraudio2007

Default Re: FCC Issues Rules For 2009 Digital TV Broadcasts

You are right Butch.

Don't get me wrong, I have no sympathy for the content provides or the manufacturers. The blame lies 100% on them and not consumers. Manufacturers have made every HDTV and device obsolete constantly upgrading to new models before the previous has had a chance to be on the shelf. A lot of us have just succumbed, but there is a population out there that is telling the companies to go screw themselves.

CRT TVs were standard for so long. The new digital technologies will not stop changing. And they can't, becuase there is always someone out there changing individual components within the device resulting a whole new model HDTV because HDMI changed from 1.2 to 1.3. Or the resolutiomn standard changes from 480p to 720p to 1080i to 1080p. It is neverending.

The population out there that is not converting their sets, it is not because it is too expensive, it is because their is no end to changes in sight. And that makes consumers feel like they are always getting ripped off and are behind the times of whatever the new technology or model device is.
tigeraudio2007 is offline   Reply With Quote