View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007   #2
tigeraudio2007

Default Re: New Toshiba A35 HD DVD Player

The specs have not been released yet, other than it will be 1080p, HDMI 1.3, and all the other standard stuff that is on the HD-XA2. List price is $499.

In my opinion it would be worthwhile waiting for the next generation players for 2 reasons. 1) It may be better than the HD-XA2 and you won't be kicking yourself for buying a player knowing the next generation is just about to be release. 2) At the very least the release of the 3rd generation will at least allow you to purchase the XA2 for less money, and once again you won't be kicking yourself.

In the end though new players will always be being released. Whether it is new models, new manufacturers, new combo players, there is always going to be something new and better out. That said, I still advise waiting just a bit longer to see what Toshiba brings to the 3rd generation.

As far as I am concerned, combo players are a little to far off in the future to wait for them. Most manufacturers are only on the first generation of these combo players and most likely they are not ready for primetime. But what do I know.
tigeraudio2007 is offline   Reply With Quote