Thread: 0ppo 95
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011   #1
Lefisc

Default 0ppo 95

I was having a lot of trouble with my Pioneer Blu Ray 9. An expensive unit, it would often freeze and NOT connect with the projector. Some discs, like the new King Kong had no sound. It was always very quirky, often creating a hum in the system. So I put it into our family room.
(It took the Mark Levenson, Thiel and Transparent Wire people TOGETHER to figure that one out. All were terrific.)

I bought an Oppo 95 Universal Player. I was surprised, instantly, by the better picture. More than that, I was surprised by the better sound. I am using LPCM and the difference between the two units was very noticeable. Also the Oppo loads in no time, you could put your kids through college waiting for the Pioneer to load. The Oppo also had a clear logical setup to follow.

Things are still rather new. I used the 3D for the first time yesterday and like it. The Oppo has two HDMI outputs and, for 3D I bypass the Levinson for video and connect directly to the projector.

I got the JVC 60 (which is also sold as the 9X) and was surprised at the picture improvement AND connectivity with my other components. First, the picture is brighter, sharper and far more colorful. It is also much quieter than the last JVC projector.

However, after installation new, updated, software had to be put in because there was some conflicts with the HDMI connections, the system, would freeze. (Id have to reboot)
Lefisc is offline   Reply With Quote