View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011   #50
Daniel-a

Default Re: Ayre DX-5 at $10,000 is a rebadged $500 OPPO.

If one's able to hear difference and someone else unable to do it, this inability doesn't disqualify the ability of the former the hear these differences.

To use as an argument a test that as benne proven many times as beeing flaw, is a flaw argument.

What justify how much own is willing to pay concern only that person and nobody else ( except maybe his spouse).

Personaly I cannont understand why someone would want to pay 30000$ for a car if he can a one for less than 20000$.
However, I can easyly understand someone spending 30000 for a sound system, since I have the same passion.

Someone who don'T understand that later way of spending my money, might not be as passionate as I am. He might in fact not be passionate at all about audio.

If your passion is somewhere else, watching tv, buying tickets to watch great football ( soccer) teams ( you're from Argentina) and are quite happy listening to some sound system bought at a place like walmart. Be happy stick with your passion and let passionated audiophile be happy with their own.
Daniel-a is offline   Reply With Quote