Thread: Eric's System
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007   #6
eric

Default Eric's System

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
As a Meridian fan and user - I love the system. Andrew Robinson uses the pearl here in the US with great results. I saw the new version at CEDIA which also looked good but only incrimnentally better than the pearl.

Meridian amps are not something you see every day. Will you some day upgrade to their Powered speakers? I never did to keep my system open for other review options but I LOVE the 8000's. A little dry (like all speakers from that side of the pond) but REALLY accurate. Stunning finishes too.

I look forward to seeing you posting up a storm on AVRevForum.com

Hi jerry
I got the meridian dsp 3100 dsp 5500 dsp 5200 to try at home from my dealer démoed them with my Dali helicon 400 speaker my room is just 15 by 13 feet the 3100 didn’t go loud enough not enough bass ruled them out. Then the 5500 far to much bass not open enough did not like them. Then the dsp 5200 I kind of liked them but not as good as my Dali helicon 400. The dali speakers are more open more space between the notes more controlled more dynamic. I like to listen to a lot of 2ch music I also use a power amp on each speaker. 1000w to each speaker. The Dali use ribbon tweeters I think that’s why they are so open and detailed.
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dem 6.jpg (128.9 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by eric; 09-12-2007 at 02:08 PM..
eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links