View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010   #3
Doctaspawk

Default Re: Help: Digital Optical output making nothing but noise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbinck View Post
Many TVs will convert the 5.1 digital audio to 2.0 digital audio for output on inputs other than the internal tuner. That sounds like what is going on. If this is the case, the solution is to connect the devices direct to the surrounf equipment and forget trying to use the TV to switch the audio.
Thank you for the reply, albeit much later than I would expect, though when asking for free advice beggars can't be choosers, or impatient. Anyhow I assumed that might have been the case but still haven't figured out why my xbox, ps3, dvd player, and pc w/dolby digital live extigy all output static/noise when used in digital mode. Before you think about that keep in mind, my sony BluRay player outputs digital just fine, I even play my dvds on it just because of that. And yes I'm using the toslink optical connection not the coax. So why is the bluray player doing what its supposed to do, but not the other devices? Is it a pcm/bitstream thing? Or is it something else entirely? Am I missing anything, need any more info? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, and thanks again Rbink for responding.
Doctaspawk is offline   Reply With Quote