View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010   #1
rg8043

Default Plasma Burn Question

Forgive me if this has been covered, but I did not find an answer to my question when I searched. I want to purchase a 40" flat screen for my son for xmas. went to the stores and found a nice panasonic 40" plasma. The salesman said that it would be the right set because my son will use it to watch sports and play video games ( the refresh rate?). He also told me that the burn in problem is not an issue as long as my son doesn't leave the tv on with an image showing. Since I expect my son to turn off the tv when not in use this doesn't seem like a problem.

went to another store and was told that the plasma will experience a burn in problem so I should buy an lcd. What bothers me is that this store did not sell many plasmas, so know I am wondering who is correct.

Since each salesman had a vested interest in selling me a tv , I am looking for an objective opinion and that is why I turned to this forum, this is my first post. Is burning an image on the screen really an issue, I read on this forum that the newer technology has addressed this problem?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Rob
rg8043 is offline   Reply With Quote