View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007   #46
j.arend-denko@adelphia.ne

Default Re: This top 100 band list is BOGUS - RUSH lower than STP?

Oh my! You should introduce him to Jeff Wayne's musical version of it, it's much better than the movie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Man, you are so right. Congratulations to you about your daughter. That is good to hear. My daughter from my first marriage is aspiring to be a concert violist. I could not be happier. Though, she never heard me play, I`m just so proud and surprised that this is what she is pursuing. Currently she tours with the all state Westchester County Orchestra, and teaches young children music. I always wondered, if I went to Music and Art in Manhattan, instead of De Witt Clinton in high school, where I would be now.

Well, I hope your daughter continues to move forward in music, and enjoys it. The I - pod. I`ve kinda took a deaf ear to it. However, I must say, if anything, its a great archival tool. If we had something like the I - pod coming up, all our music would be stored on it. They all seem to be more concerned about how many songs they have on the I - pod. Not for listening of course, but just to say I have more than you. I see him changing tunes everyday, Why?

And as far as losing the whole experience in buying music, you are so right.
I do not know where you live, or how well you know N.Y. but, Tower Records, an institution here in New york, just recently closed its doors. No more talking to knowledgeable staff who love and KNOW their music. No more excitement, like you said, about looking at the liner notes, artwork, etc. on the LP. What, can I tell you. Nothing is important or sacred, anymore.
Check this, I asked my stepson`s friend, if he knew, that there was an original "War Of The Worlds" movie, his answer was no!! What does that tell you??!!
j.arend-denko@adelphia.ne is offline   Reply With Quote