View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010   #1
avmandingo

Default Hi! My outdoor theater/Welcome post

Hi All!

Seems like a tradition to pop in here and share your system as an introduction. Can't think of anything more fun than that!

I will start with my outdoor system (might as well stand out from the crowd right?). We have a pretty big backyard and have family movie nights. Thankfully the weather is getting better so we can have them more often. I don't know, being cramped up indoors all day and night just isn't our style all of the time. It's nice to get out and get some fresh air. Plus nobody we know does it so it helps get guests over to our place for some fun

Our setup, while ridiculously simple, works awesome. We have an M1+ micro projector made by Aaxa tech (specs here: http://www.aaxatech.com/products/m1_micro_projector.htm ) that we point up at the side of our garage. It has built in sound but we usually plug in some external speakers we use in the garage. It has memory we can put movies we ripped onto our computer on as well as an SD slot. There is a pretty big open space we use at the top of our garage (pic below). We are considering buying a big projection screen for outdoors but at the moment we really like that it's only cost us a few hundred dollars for the setup. Btw, Does anyone have a recommended hot spot for buying screens other than the obvious amazon?

Well, happy summer everyone! Thanks for welcoming me to the forum!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4666935695_9f9053466b.jpg (129.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 4667560204_735880c44b.jpg (82.5 KB, 14 views)
avmandingo is offline   Reply With Quote