View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010   #1
Dave

Angry Marantz HDMI Problem

I have a Marantz SR 7002 and a Marantz DV4001 and huge HDMI problems. I will give a little history first. I purchased a Marantz SR7001 3 years ago and after protection circuit repairs failed it was replaced with the 7002 18 months ago.

This Christmas we bought a Bell PVR and a Western Digital HD Media player and I decided that I would hook everything up with HDMI and get rid of the rat nest.

I have a 3 year old Pioneer TV and a Runco CL420 and if I go directly from the source to the projector or TV everything works, but when I run everything through the receiver this is the result:

Bell - Receiver - TV or projector - works but takes at least 3 tries and 30 seconds to connect
Western Digital Media Player - Receiver - TV or projector - OK
DVD - Receiver - TV or projector - Nothing ( tries to connect and won't, it gives up after about 3 tries)

The receiver and DVD went back to Marantz and supposedly had a firmware update but it still doesn't work. I emailed Marantz Canada and was given a phone number to call, two weeks later after 3 calls and more emails I get no response. My warrantee has now expired.

If I hadn't spent nearly $2000 Canadian on this 3 years ago, as a retirement gift to me, I would throw the thing in the trash.
My dealer is trying to help, but...

Everything works on component, but I recently read that soon all new stuff will all be HDMI and I would like to get this working before I buy a Blueray player.

I forgot to mention I have a Pioneer DVD player and through the receiver it won't connect either.

Nobody will even take the thing on trade because of the problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dave
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote