View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010   #16
ww927bin

Default Re: How to choose a good and appropriate DVD Ripper for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex View Post
rbinck,
Care to share any details?

Personally, I use AnyDVD ( http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html ) to make backups of my movies. Those of you with kids at home already know why this is important! If you remove all of the extra features, a two-hour Blu-ray feature film will fit on one 4.7GB DVD-SL in H.264/AVC at a resolution of 720p with AC-3 audio; of course these can only be played back on a BD player. (BD blanks are still too expensive for me to use them for backups.) You can also make MPEG-2 backups of BD's for playback on regular DVD players without incurring the additional expense of buying a DVD version of your movie. AnyDVD is the only software I am aware of to-date that effectively allows you to defeat the BD+ security of Blu-ray discs. Besides allowing you to rip the movie to your hardrive, you can playback the original disc on non-HDCP compliant monitors/video cards. Very highly recommended for serious HT enthusiasts!

AnyDVD HD comes with same functionality as AnyDVD, but with additional features for full Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD support, including decryption of Blu-ray (BD+ and AACS) and HD DVD (AACS) movies.But its output only ISO or .TS, .M2TS files.

Without format conversion function, users need to rely on the third party software to transfer format.
No downsizing function, the decrypted files occupy too much storage space.
No custom settings to adjust bit rate, frame rate, etc.
ww927bin is offline   Reply With Quote