I am from Brazil and I have a problem which I would like to ask your support:
My system is:
- first generation Sony Playstation 3, updated regularly.
- Yamaha RX-V2600 THX, with HDMI, component and S-VHS in/out.
- Sanyo PLV-Z3 HD 720p projector
- B&W DM602 S3 loudspeakers, for main, center and surrounds (7.1) with NHT subwoofer
- MIT cables & interconectors
- other 2 DVD players Pioneer (with component output) and Toshiba (this one with both component and HDMI outputs).
- when I bought it all and installed, 2 to 3 years ago, it was fantastic, the Projector used to receive and project HD 720p blue-ray images through HDMI cables. NO problem
- from 3 months ago, Sanyo hasn't been accepting anymore blue-ray images through HDMI. I only get 720p images using components from Pioneer or Toshiba.
Interesting thing: the only connection to Sanyo is an HDMI cable from Yamaha.
conclusion: the cable is OK (and I changed it, I have 3 or 4 cables), because it delivers images from other sources at 720p.
Yamaha is OK: it also delivers images to cable.
Sanyo is OK: it show 720p images.
What is wrong with blue-ray images from the PS3??? it is connected to Yamaha via another HDMI cable (also changed many times). It works when I play DVD media and the image is 720p.
Thank you for the help.