View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010   #82
GrtGrfx

Default Re: High end processors VS low end processors/receivers, hardware differences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
So people are still sticking with subjective listening, if you want to do that why not start doing blind or double blind tests to see if the differences are still there?
I finally feel like saying, guys this is a user forum, on the internet, where you can't meet the conversationalists, much less get two in a room together. What else would a such forum question result in but personal opinions and minimally-scientific analysis? The people who read these posts are music-lovers, not audiologist-engineers. Like every other review system online -- like Amazon.com and epinions.com -- you have to weigh the fawning and the skeptic together and get a consensus opinion on a given subject. We beat this dead horse every week with someone insisting on double-blind experiments (even though I completely agree with you most of the time in that differences in many audio components are more placebo than real).

Readers, give us your opinions, and try to name actual hardware that you compare, so we can have some idea of what you think about given discussions. We are adult enough to sort it all out and come to a conclusion.

-
GrtGrfx is offline   Reply With Quote