View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007   #10
1shotstudios

Default Re: HD Disc Format War Heats Up For The Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Moose,

My definition of a present is something you want but wouldn't buy yourself as either it is too expensive and/or you don't really need it.

If this fits many others idea, then the sales of the new players will really take off for the holidays in this and subsequent years. I am a little concerned about the studios change in policy. Making there movies available in only one format means we will need two high def players to really reap the benefits and enjoy all the content. I have both formats, so for me it's no big deal, but for most people getting into the HD disc world, this makes the leap much harder to take....

When two movies that would make you buy a player are each only in opposing formats, which one do you choose??

My guess is for most people, it will be neither.

I wish one format would bow out and the war would end, but alas I am smart enough to realize this won't happen any time soon....
What are you going to do when one of your formats goes under and there isn't any re-sale vaule and you are stuck with it?

All that money goes to waste then you have to buy all your titles all over again in the other format.

That is what really throws caution to wind and makes you think twice about this HD and Blue-Ray format war.

I have rented both formats from Rent-A-Center and both HD-DVD and Blue-Ray play alike and sound alike there is no major difference between the two!

It just doesn't make any sense to me to throw my money away on something that could easly be yesterdays news.
1shotstudios is offline   Reply With Quote