View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010   #8
Captain Stereo

Default Re: Ayre DX-5 at $10,000 is a rebadged $500 OPPO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
The high end does not like being proven wrong do they anyways we know when used as a digital transport there will be no difference in the audio or video and when used as a analog transort the new oppo SE version will have far better DAC's then the DX-5.
On the contrary, I'm happy to be proven wrong if the point is legit. And to say something as foolish as Oppo being a better analog player than the Ayre is simply ridiculous, to the point that I'm surprised you were able to type it without the bullsh*t alert going off full blast in your head. Of course, since you will NEVER, EVER test this yourself, you will rely on looking at some spec sheet and act as if that tells you all you need to know. So before you give me some engineering B.S. about that being all you need to know, can you explain why EVERY SINGLE AUDIO VIDEO manufacturer look at and listen to their products AFTER they have been designed and engineered? The hell you say!?! Yes, it's true. And it's because there are sonic differences between parts that share the same or similar specification. Add up a few dozen parts that all make a sonic difference but that measure the same, and you have a reason for all the variable amongst similarly spec'd products.

But you're a doubter and always will be, so ignorance is bliss. Enjoy yourself there.
Captain Stereo is offline   Reply With Quote