View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007   #1
TheMoose

Cool Playstation 3 as Blu-Ray player.

I was planning to set out the format war & see who won before deciding between HD-DVD & Blu-Ray, then the PS3 came out.
While the price point was high for a game console it was the least expensive Blu-Ray player by around 50%!

I knew I was eventually going to get a PS3 but I was going to wait until more games were avalible, to say nothing of the fact I wasn't going to stand in line at Best Buy for a week or pay $1500 on ebay for a launch day PS3.

But I just happened to be at Circuit City when a new shipment (if you can call 1 20G & 1 60G a shipment) a couple of weeks after launch so I grabbed the 60G.

There weren't any games out I wanted so I got some Blu-ray movies, went home & set it up.
OK, this is what HD is all about!!
I got Blu-Ray, 1080p, HDMI 1.3 & a game console all in 1 for $549 (they had a $50 off any $500 purchase)

I still have many more Blu-Ray movies (40) than I do games (3) but I'm constantly using my PS3.
Now all I need is a decent HDMI 1.3 reciever with 6 HDMI inputs & I'm set!

I will eventually get a stand alone Blu-Ray player when the format war is over, right now I'm bullet proof because even if Blu-Ray loses the war PS3 games are on Blu-Ray discs also so it's not like I won't be able to find a player for them unlike all my old Betamax tapes!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote