View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009   #50
Default Re: What cables do you use?

Originally Posted by jsound View Post
Still building the system, so the cable issue is an important one to me. I have a Cambridge Audio 640C v2 CD player, & I'm looking at the Harmon-Kardon HK3390, Cambridge 640A, or the NAD 326BEE driving Polk Audio RTiA1's. I don't think that I need the real high-end cabling, as it would probably not make that much of a difference, but I think this system is good enough for decent cables. Someone suggested Blue Jeans Cables - good sound at a budget price... going by the equation that cabling should cost about 1/10th of the total system, these fit right in. Any other ideas, comments, suggestions?
I. for one, don't believe you need to spend 10% of the cost of your system to buy good cables. I especially don't think that's true if you're spending $5,000+ on your gear. I kinda feel that your cable budget should be $200-400 max, depending on the number of peripherals. Heck, consider used wire. Let someone else's misfortune (or stupidity) save you money!

And the best cable advice I could give anyone...don't buy a 10' cable if a 2' cable would do. Costs skyrocket as cable length gets longer, and sound quality goes down (eventually) as resistance increases.

Good luck!
"I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone."
Bjarne Stroustrup (creator of C++)

GrtGrfx is offline   Reply With Quote