View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009   #19
Butch

Default Re: Please DON'T talk me out of buying a CRT TV...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySound55 View Post
Anybody in the Southern California area looking to buy a 57" Sony KP57WS510 CRT Rear Projection set? Yeah Yeah I know, its old CRT technology and the TV is about 5 1/2 years old, but still makes a studio quality picture...I'm not making this up. I am a professional in the TV/Film industry and I work for one of the studios in Blu-Ray Mastering and QC. I've had it ISF calibrated and updated and it still has a Hi-Def picture that will blow you away. I have used it as my reference set to watch Blu-Ray DVDs at home for several years now and I still get compliments on how great the picture is. It is in OUTSTANDING Condition except for a cosmetic scratch on the front bottom skirt where it got hit with something (I think the vacuum cleaner). I'll even try to buff that out for you.

Thanks!
I currently have one of these and I agree that it has a fantastic picture. I still have not seen an LCD that I thought could compete with it for picture quality.

My son's new Panasonic plasma TV has a better picture but he paid a pretty penny for it.

If I were in the LA area I would gladly give you $400 for it.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote