View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009   #30
wes

Default Re: High end processors VS low end processors/receivers, hardware differences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliFan View Post
On the subject of High End processors and any differences: I just set up a new Cary Audio Cinema11a. Wow!

For audio it blows away anything I have heard so far (Anthem, Integra, Classe, Marantz, Arcam). Cary Audio only does audio. It leaves video to your separate video processing box. Its being fed by the Oppo BD-83 in bitstream mode. The Oppo reads any disk and bitstreams anything out across the HDMI 1.3 connector. The Cary decodes all formats (including SACD, DVD-Audio, Blu-ray stuff) and uses the Cirrus Logic CS chipset in balanced mode across all channels. I never heard multi-channel digital music sound so great!

If audio performance is your goal it behooves you to check of the Cinema11a. Companies that have a core-competency in a specific area (audio in this case) can produce equipment (digital processor) that doesn't "sound just the same". The caveat is, of course, the cost. How much more is "much better" worth? That seems to be an individual choice.

CaliFan
Classé also only does Audio as a matter of fact they have no video processing in the SSP-800!
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links