View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007   #9
David DelGrosso

Default Re: HD Disc Format War Heats Up For The Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigeraudio2007 View Post
CRT TVs lasted a long time for consumers. They finally make the leap to an HDTV and now you are telling them that "oh, sorry but that 6 month old HDTV won't display the true compabilities of these next-generation formats." Thank you very much, I think I'll stick with DVD. At least that format works with my equipment.
Don't forget that CRT TVs became mandatory fixtures in US households long before the introduction of the DVD... because of the continual expansion of "broadcasted" content.

And HDTV is doing just fine, considering all the HD sports and movie channels that are sprouting up all over the place.

I have the basic Time Warner cable package, and already can choose between several sports broadcasts and 4 or 5 different HD movie channels (approx. 10-12 HD movies per night, for NO extra charge!)

I think the movie studios are also ****ed off about this hardware war, and are looking for ways to sell off their "loyalty" to whichever disc format will cut the biggest advance-payment check... primarily because they're more focused on the enormous contracts that will soon be written to tie up the long-term HD satellite broadcast rights for their movies.

DD
David DelGrosso is offline   Reply With Quote