View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009   #2
rickcreel

Default Re: What home theater projector should i get?

Hmm....

Here again is a plethora of choices and depending on what you're trying to accomplish. JVC makes some great projectors and fantastic prices. Truth is, I can't see your room and don't know what type of home you have. JVC will give you the best bang for the buck, but you're going to come in at around $5,000. You can get a cheaper presentation type projector, but you will quickly find you will not be satisfied with the picture. We tell all of our clients, if they can't afford something good, don't waste their money on something cheap.

However, if you're not planning on living there long, you may want to find a cheapo. You can also get some surround sound in a box reasonably cheap ($100-300) at some big box store. If it's just a bedroom and not your main room for entertainment, I'm sure you don't want much. A lot will depend on how you plan on using the room. A decent surround sound system can cost around $2,400 - 5,000. This will depend if it's 5.1, 7.1, etc. Really, for a bedroom, simple stereo would probably be more than enough.

We have some ideas on set up at our site at advancedaudiovideo.com It will have more information on how to set up a room, etc.
rickcreel is offline   Reply With Quote